Thursday, June 1, 2017

Yemaya

This past Friday I went to the beach for a bonfire going away party for a friend. It made me reflect on how old I feel Im getting. As I watched the sun set, all I could think of was how cold it was going to get as soon as the sun went down behind that mountain. But with old age comes experience so I was prepared with socks, a sweater and a blanket. It turned out to be an amazing night out without the boys. I enjoyed the peace and quiet, I was able to think to my self and hear my thoughts clearly. If you are a mom, I recommend you do this ones in while to get some focus and get centered. 

As I took a walk along the beach I came across an offering for the Deity Yemaya from the Yoruba traditions. I felt blessed to be able to witness such an offering. Yemaya is the goddess of the ocean and governs over love, motherhood, children, child bearing and healing, in particular health problems associated with women. If you are facing a situation of the like you may want to go to Yemaya and make an offering. She prefers  fish, fruits (watermelon, cantaloupe, berries, and coconut especially), white wine, all seafood, lettuce, coffee and honey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Physic Readings

Oh my! My Healing Apprenticeship is so incredible. We completed 2 days of a 3 day Physic Reading workshop. We learned how to do an Akashic R...